New year means new goals. Here at Arkansas Urology, we want you to be happy and healthy by helping you and your family make wise, healthy decisions regarding your wellbeing over the course of the next year. Think of focusing on your kidneys and bladder this year to boost your urologic health. Here is our list of our top 10 tips for a healthy 2018.
- Stay hydrated! This helps to rid your body of waste, toxins, and ensure your kidneys and bladder are working well.
- Exercise your pelvic floor muscles by doing Kegel exercises.
- Choose to be smoke-free. Smoking has the potential to increase bladder and kidney cancers.
- Empty your bladder before bed.
- Make sure to bathe thoroughly every day to prevent infections.
- Maintain a healthy weight by exercising regularly.
- Try to limit your intake of salt since it makes you retain more water and is hard on your kidneys.
- Resist the urge to hold it in. Go to the restroom when nature calls.
- Avoid eating foods that may irritate your bladder such as acidic foods like tomatoes and oranges.
- Of course, make plans to visit your urologist for checkups throughout the year!
We hope these top 10 tips for a healthy 2018 help you reach your goals and enjoy a year full of health!